Friday, March 5, 2010

True Individuality-Adornment of the Hand 2

About the same time I am contemplating my toadstool, I received an amazing book from a dear friend. The book, "A Walk With Me..." by nature and wild life artist Gwen Frostic, took me on a visual journey through nature with her enchanting artwork and descriptive narrative. This bit about the "fairyland of mushrooms" really grabbed me..

"What great fun and creative imagination must have gone into the molding of these little things...hundreds of shapes and sizes..just as many shades and hues...here are some of the most beautiful browns in nature...tiny dots on stems so delicate you can hardly see them...some round and pudgy...there are those whose caps sit at angles on their stems...and so they grow on old stumps...among the dead leaves...on fallen trees...that these things which lived may return to the earth...to live again..."

The "Toad's Eye" ring concept really came to life for me after I read this book (thanks Jen!)and the other two rings in the series followed...more later

No comments:

Post a Comment